16 important purposes for which you will definitely need and use your website!
Why do you need to know the goals you set for your website?
What MUST you do before setting a goal to get it right?
- Analysis of who is (or will be) the recipients of your website
- Analysis of the current situation - yours or your business
Your business goals and the goals of your website. How are they different?
16 goals that you will achieve with the help of the website
1. Inspiring confidence in you and your business
List this goal first because - whether you are an entrepreneur or a freelancer - this is by far the most crucial goal your website should pursue!
Trust is the key to selling - not only online. Just as you put on the right outfit for a meeting with a client, because you care about the right image and arousing his trust (would the client want to work with you if you met him in a dirty, torn sweater and holes in sneakers?), So does your website talk about you or your business professionally - that is, so that the client can trust you.
By inspiring trust, you create the belief in customers that they have chosen the right person or company to meet their needs or solve problems. If you provide them with the value they are looking for (it could be a service, product, order, or many others), the likelihood that they will recommend you to others or become your loyal customers increases significantly. Why? Because people like to go back to places where they feel good and recommend them to their friends. It’s our natural behavior! Use them to your advantage.
2. Effective use of orders
3. Presentation of your portfolio
How to use it effectively? Let's take a look at, for example, the service industry. Imagine that you are the owner of the hairdresser salon. All you have to do is upload photos "before" and "after" your haircut to your website to prove your skills and professionalism. Customers will certainly appreciate it and will repay you with greater trust, which will translate into an increase in the number of visits to your salon.
What's the easiest way to build an online portfolio?
4. Having a "Business Card Page"
5. Offer presentation
Remember - as a freelancer or entrepreneur; you provide your customers with a product or service - a specific value - which is very important to them as it solves their problems. It’s important to them, so to solve their problems, they will choose a company which gains their trust. How do you think, will they choose you if they don't know anything about your offer? Why would they do this?
Thanks to the website, you can attractively present your offer. You can make yourself known to your customers. By clearly describing what you do, you will dispel their doubts, and by speaking about the benefits of your offer, you will encourage them to choose you!
6. Scheduling sales meetings
However, you can quickly fix this problem. How? With the help of the website containing the booking application. How it's working? When a website visitor becomes familiar with your offer and chooses a service that interests them, the booking application will show him the calendar. Your client will see your available dates in it. All he has to do is click on the day and time that suit him, and it's ready! Thanks to this, he no longer has to call you with a reservation or write an e-mail. And you can concentrate on other responsibilities.
7. Generating leads
First of all, it will be filled only by customers interested in using your services - so you will not waste time servicing people who would not use your offer anyway.
Secondly, customers who fill it will describe their problem in detail and what they expect from you. It will allow you to offer them a personalized offer, which will increase the chance that they will benefit from it (and not from the request of the competition).
Third - you will get contact details for potential customers that you will be able to use both now and in the future.
8. Acquiring new customers
- Tailor shop - in this case, the key will be to show your craft and, above all, to prove your skills. The portfolio application is excellent for this purpose. You can place photos of sewn clothes on the website, thanks to it. Remember that images affect customers’ imagination the most, so when they see pictures of a beautiful dress or elegant suit you sew, they will want to use your services.
- Law firm - If you work in one of the legal professions, you probably know how important the trust that the client places in you are. Your hints are a signpost for him among the complex legal provisions. Will, the client choose a lawyer he does not trust to defend his interests? I doubt it. Your law firm’s professional website will allow you to gain this trust. For this purpose, you can show off your statistics - the number of clients you helped or the number of cases you won. An advanced contact form will also work great, allowing the client to describe his problem and ask for advice. By giving him a competent answer, you will gain in his eyes and build a trustful relationship with him. Send him an e-mail with an invitation to a meeting at your office... or save time and use the appointment booking application for this purpose.
- Foodtruck - You should put up the current menu on the website. Consider introducing promotions to specific items - change them often and give customers a reason to check your site often! I don't think we need to convince you that beautiful photos of the food you prepare are essential? Add to that a review section where you can show off your dishes’ reviews. You can also sell via the website, e.g., in the click & collect mode - let the customer pay for his order on your website and then pick up a tasty and hot meal from your food truck!
9. Staying in constant contact with customers
How to communicate effectively? Find out what exactly your customers care about, what interests them, what they want to know... and deliver it to them. Maybe there is some valuable knowledge that will help them that you have? Share it! For this purpose, you can use, e.g., a newsletter or a blog. Consumers will appreciate your efforts and are more likely to pay you back with more frequent purchases.
10. Presentation of customer opinions
In the Internet, opinions have been taken over the role of recommendations.
Research shows that people trust the opinions of other, unfamiliar Internet users as much as they trust the pieces of advice of their friends! Use it and allow your customers to give their opinion on your products or services!
11. Sedning Discount Coupons
No matter what you are selling, shipping discount coupons is a great way to increase your results. Why are they so effective? They give customers an additional reason to take advantage of the offer. Moreover - if you limit the possibility of using the coupon over time - your promotional offer will become temporary and unique, motivating your customers to buy. Remember that people don't like to lose - even what they don't already have. Therefore, the possibility of losing the opportunity to buy your product or service at a lower price will additionally motivate them to buy.
However, remember not to send your customers coupons too often - then your promotional offer will not be so special and unique!
12. Establishing partnerships
Addressees of your website are not only future and present customers. Thanks to the Internet, in an increasing number of industries, it is possible to establish enjoyable business cooperation. However, if you want to find a partner, you must take care of a professional website that will allow you to communicate that you are a competent player on the market. Once again - you need to inspire his trust (see how many cases are needed?). How can this be achieved? If you have already cooperated with other companies in the past, it is worth adding an "Our Partners" / "They have already trusted us" section on the website. You can include logos of companies with which you have already had the opportunity to cooperate. You can also go into details and describe what your cooperation was, what its purpose was, and what you managed to achieve. It is excellent for this portfolio, in which you can even include extensive reports on your projects. Also, don't forget about reviews - they best show how you approach your customers. They are proof of honesty and transparency - which will surely be appreciated by your potential business partner.
- High positioning - thanks to creating additional content, such as blog articles, your website will be positioned on a larger number of keywords. It’s a perfect way of achieving a high search results position.
- More traffic - your potential customers search the search engine with questions you can answer by blogging. If they find your articles online and are on your website, they will guarantee you more traffic - positively affecting positioning. If you provide them with qualitative content that answers their questions, they will remember your page well and return to it in the future. It also increases the probability that they will choose you from among the competition!
- Profitable cooperation - by running a blog that is visited by a regular group of readers, you become an attractive partner for many companies that could advertise on it. Sponsored articles, affiliations, advertisements... there are plenty of opportunities to earn money on your blog!
- Expert image - By serving your recipients high-quality content, you will become an expert in their eyes over time. When looking for answers to their questions, your blog will guide them. They will recommend it to their friends. Thus, you will gain their trust. And if you decide to launch a product signed with your brand or name... they will buy it more willingly!
14. Building your image
15. Building a community around the company
What is your website’s purpose?
Remember - each website can pursue many goals simultaneously, but usually, one of them is the most important. If you want a website that will allow you to promote and develop your online business, you need to set its goals correctly.
It is also essential to choose the tool on which you will build your website. BOWWE allows you to create relevant pages for each of the goals set out in this article. BOWWE provides everything you need to grow your online business. You have two options to choose from: